Updated: Aug 28
Have you ever looked at the ingredients on your store-bought bread? If not, let me fill you in on some seriously questionable ingredients that can wreak havoc on your gut and possibly cause allergies.
it's time to take matters into your own hands and make your bread at home – with The Easiest No-Knead Bread Recipe. In this blog post, I'll share with you the simplest bread recipe that requires just five ingredients and none of the harmful additives commonly found in commercial bread. Get ready to enjoy delicious, preservative-free, and healthy homemade bread!
The Problem with Store-Bought Bread:
Before we dive into the easy recipe, let's shed some light on the alarming reality of store-bought bread. Many commercial bread products contain a range of additives and dough conditioners, such as DATEM and Azodicarbonamide, which are not only banned in several countries but have also been associated with health concerns.
For instance, DATEM, though considered safe by the FDA, has been linked to heart muscle fibrosis and adrenal overgrowth in a 2002 study involving rats. On the other hand, Azodicarbonamide, banned in Europe, has been shown to cause asthma and allergies. Additionally, store-bought bread often includes preservatives and harmful artificial coloring, not to mention partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats).
Trans fats are primarily made from seed oils through a process called hydrogenation. Seed oils, such as soybean oil, cottonseed oil, and sunflower oil, are partially hydrogenated to convert them from liquid oils into solid fats. This process creates trans fats, which are used in the food industry to improve the texture, shelf life, and stability of processed foods. However, due to their negative health effects, many countries have implemented regulations to limit or ban the use of trans fats in commercial food products. Sadly, they are allowed in the USA.
The Solution: No-Knead Homemade Bread
Now that we understand the issues with commercial bread, it's time to take control of what we consume. Enter the simplest bread recipe you'll ever come across – a no-knead homemade bread that requires only five ingredients. Well, I guess six as we use olive oil to form the dough.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, active dry yeast, and salt together.
2. Add warm water to the mixture and stir until a shaggy dough forms. Don't worry about kneading; just ensure the ingredients are well combined.
3. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and place it in a warm spot for about 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Once the dough has risen, use two forks to release it from the sides of the bowl. If you opt for the olive oil, now is the time to add it to the dough while shaping it into a ball.
5. Place the dough into a buttered loaf pan and let it rise again until it reaches the rim of the pan.
6. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
7. Bake the bread for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crusty.
8. Once baked, let the bread cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. This will prevent it from becoming gummy.
Making your bread at home has never been easier! By following this no-knead bread recipe, you can avoid the harmful additives and questionable ingredients often found in store-bought bread. With just a few simple steps, you'll have a delicious and healthy loaf of bread, ready to be enjoyed with your favorite spreads or as part of a wholesome meal.
So, why wait? Say goodbye to store-bought bread and embrace the joy of creating your homemade bread from scratch. Your taste buds and health will thank you!
Click the picture below to get a link to my favorite items I've found for bread making. I do get a very small affiliate fee when you purchase something from my store. Thank you for your purchases through my links! 🏻