Thirteen years ago I starting learning about all of the questionable ingredients that were being added to packaged foods. I learned that most of our produce was sprayed with harmful pesticides. I learned more about meat production, eggs and more. It was absolutely eye opening and I became passionate about sharing this knowledge with others. That's when @AnAccidentalHippie was born.
I became became very serious about checking labels. I was stunned at all the UNNECESSARY ingredients in packaged seasonings. That when I decided to whip up my own.
By making your own taco seasoning, you have complete control over the ingredients, ensuring a healthier and more wholesome experience. Plus, you can customize the flavor to suit your taste preferences. Not only is the taste far superior than what you buy in the store, but it's also SUPER easy to make!
To get started, let's take a look at a simple homemade taco seasoning recipe. Feel free to adjust the measurements according to your liking or spice tolerance.
- Use approximately 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning for every store-bought packet required in a recipe.
- Adjust the spice level by adding more or less crushed red pepper.
- Feel free to experiment with additional herbs and spices to personalize your taco seasoning blend.
Benefits of Homemade Taco Seasoning:
1. Transparency: With homemade taco seasoning, you know exactly what goes into your spice blend. No more hidden additives or questionable ingredients.
2. Customization: Tailor the flavor to suit your preferences. Add more cumin for an earthy taste or increase the chili powder for extra heat.
3. Healthier Option: By controlling the salt content, avoiding preservatives and gut disrupting ingredients, you can make a healthier choice for you and your family.
Cooking with Homemade Taco Seasoning:
Now that you have your own homemade taco seasoning blend, let's explore some delicious ways to incorporate it into your meals:
1. Tacos: Sprinkle the seasoning over ground beef, chicken, or beans for a flavorful taco filling. Don't forget to warm up those tortillas!
2. Quesadillas: Add a dash of taco seasoning to your cheese quesadillas for an extra burst of flavor.
3. Roasted Vegetables: Toss your favorite vegetables with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of taco seasoning. Roast them in the oven for a tasty side dish.
Say goodbye to store-bought taco seasoning packets and embrace the world of homemade spice blends. By making your own taco seasoning, you can create a healthier, tastier, and more personalized experience. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of love, you'll elevate your tacos to a whole new level of deliciousness. So, grab those spices, mix them up, and get ready to savor the homemade taco goodness!
Remember to share your culinary creations using homemade taco seasoning on social media with the hashtag #anaccidentalhippie Let's inspire others to embrace the flavor and goodness of homemade spices!